When you love a person with a developmental disability, planning for the future brings up a difficult question:
Who will care for my loved one when I am no longer able?
Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network (PLAN) is one branch of LACL that helps families to gain insight on how to ensure a good, safe and secure life for their loved ones. A good life for people with disabilities is not very different from a good life for anyone else. LACL PLAN helps families to provide a future where their loved ones with disabilities:
- are supported by caring family and friends
- are encouraged to participate in and contribute to their community
- have their wishes and choices respected
- have financial security
- live in a place of their own choosing
- are protected from abuse and exploitation
PLAN is guided and inspired by four core principles:
- Caring relationships are the key to safety, security and a good life.
- People with disabilities have important contributions to make to our communities, and they should be recognized for their contributions.
- Independence from government funding allows individuals and families to make decisions without fear of consequences.
- PLAN is structured to ensure it will always be directed by and accountable to families.
If you would like more information about PLAN
- feel free tocall us at 327.2911
- send us an email
- drop by the office Monday – Friday between 8 -5 (527 6th st. south)